The prices from the bookmakers certainly reflect the form put on show lately by Atalanta. Torino could be in for a whacking. Torino managed to end up ranked number 17 on 37 points last season. In this round 1 in Serie A they now face Atalanta. The latter came in placed 3 with 78 points.
Torino go into the season with the clear aim of a top half finish, perhaps even contesting for a place in a European competition. A season above expectations could perhaps Atalanta make a contender in a title race, while a place at the podium looks well within reach.
Facts and figures for Torino vs Atalanta
- Torino did not win the last 5 matches in a row;
- Total goals was UNDER 3.5 in Torino's last 6 of 8 matches;
- Torino conceded in the last 7 of 9 matches;
- Total goals was OVER 3.5 in Torino's last 2 of 4 matches.
- Atalanta unbeaten the last 6 matches in a row when playing away;
- Atalanta scored in the last 19 of 21 matches;
- Total goals was UNDER 3.5 in Atalanta's last 3 of 5 matches;
- Atalanta conceded in the last 5 of 7 matches.
Form Torino vs Atalanta
Torino in serious trouble
Results have been abysmal lately for Torino, who will be desperate to get a positive result in their upcoming fixture. To finish off last season Torino achieved a dull 0-0 draw at Lazio and went on to a 1-1 draw against Benevento, before their latest game produced a 0-0 draw against Cremonese.
Atalanta on miserable run.
To finish off last season Atalanta achieved an actionpacked 4-3 win against Genoa and went on to a 2-1 defeat against Juventus, before their latest game produced a 2-0 defeat against AC Milan.
Torino v Atalanta Fixture History
Neither Torino nor Atalanta managed a breakthrough, when they last faced each other in the Serie A. They ended up settling for a point in a 3-3 draw at Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino. Torino go into their upcoming match against Atalanta with a 2-4-4 record in recent meetings in the Serie A. 6 times in the last 10 matches between Torino and Atalanta over 2.5 goals came out as a winning bet. Both teams found the back of the net 7 times in those 10 matches meetings.
Standings in Serie A